Went great. Ran with my wife this morning ended up sprinting the last 90 second segment of the run. Don't know if that's ok but figured what can it hurt to have a little HIIT in there. Feel awesome. Still super motivated

Great job, Sean! 

Sorry for this late reply. The general rule of thumb is to listen to your body. If you are tired or excessively sore, I would leave a rest day in between. Otherwise, you will be fine.

However, it's important to have one rest day a week.

Ok cool. Thanks Jeshi. And no problem on replying. I appreciate any feedback whenever it comes my way. I was thinking of going 2 days running 1 day rest intervals. Atleast until I get higher in the program and need more rest

That's what I'm currently doing: Run Monday & Tuesday, rest Wednesday, Run Thursday & Friday, rest Saturday & Sunday.

When I first started, I was running on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  :)

W3D1 in the bag. The jump to 3 min was a bit if a shocker on the legs. Haven't suffered with anything yet except my breathing. Today my legs hurt. Got it all done though. Going to keep pushing. I will NOT drop out

Will the shin splints start to get better over time. Or are they going to feel this way the whole time, also should I run if they are still sore tomorrow or wait until discomfort is gone. Thanks everyone

W3D2 done. Shins really hurt as soon as I started running. After the first 90 second run the pain went away. But once I got in the car after the run the pain came back. Got home and now I'm limping. Will rest tomorrow and hope it's better for Wednesday

Sean, make sure you're hitting the ground with the ball of your foot, not your heel. When I started running this way, I discovered that my left leg was to the side of my body instead of the center and I was hitting with the outside edge. After fixing my stride/posture, the pain went away (still have muscle soreness when I run, but no pain now).

post-16237-0-51479800-1443458219_thumb.jpg

Thanks Keshia. I'm going to try it out. I looked into a video on the difference and I understand. How weird did it feel changing up ur style once you were already used to a certain way. I feel like it is going to slow me down. I know right now that's not a problem. Just still want to get the most out of the workout

I'm going to try it tomorrow. Honestly at work yesterday everyone probably thought I was going mental. Every time I had to walk to another area I was practicing it really slowly. I woke up with a cold this morning. Ayleast it's on my rest day. I just hope tomorrow it isn't bad enough to ruin my run

Finished week 3 today. Tried running with a midfoot stride. Feels almost like trying to write left handed. Just weird. Legs still hurt but I think that may be because there still sore. Crazy how right now it's 3 minute stretches and in just 2 weeks I'm expected to run 20 full min. Jeshi. Just wanted to say thank you. You are also still starting out from what I can tell but u are also impacting so many people in so many ways. Just wanted to thank you for all your help on here.