Breezee

Running in the Hot zone

I'm in Queensland, Australia and it's hot. I do run early mornings but I need to start training later ready for some 5k fun runs that start at 8am. It is usually over 30 degrees at that time. How can I prep for this??

I don't really know, but it makes sense to train in the same conditions you race in so at least once a week do your run a little later and see if you can deal with the heat... also... carry a water bottle so that you can drink while you run, and also give yourself a spray to cool down.

Camel backs and I use a cool towel to keep me cool and sometimes the cool water from the camelback to cool the towel and use it to wipe the sweat! I live in dry heat, moisture is key for me!

Was just about to ask this, I feel like the heat has been holding me back. Last week I started week 10 of the 10k app and then this week the temp and humidity has shot up, the other day I could only run 22 minutes, because it was so hot out! I normally carry a hydration belt with me that has 2-6oz bottles, but I forgot that day and two days before that, it still didn't seem to help much and I know the heat is only going to get worse. Ugh!

Yes....the monsoon is upon us here in Arizona, I am NOT looking forward to this! I may do what someone else said run wet....can't hurt! I already do the cool towel & water/camelback. Are we insane?