Sign in to follow this  
Wendell

Second attempt

Hello everyone, this is my second attempt. I quit smoking last October, and started the c25k. It was hard and I was coaching my sons basketball team at the same time. Well, I tore my calf during one of his practices, so that shut me down. I'm starting week 3, and I've noticed all I think about is running now. I got smart and bought a really good pair of shoes which helped tremendously. The part I'm struggling with, is pacing myself. I have a hard time running slow! Any tips?

Hi wendell

Are u running with music? I run with a music app called rockmyrun and u can choose mixes based on number of beats per minute...perhaps u can choose mixes that will help you pace yourself? I find that i run with my music...

I do, and I almost have to do that. But songs that give me a comfortable pace, or start off as comfortable, wind up gassing me before I'm done running, lol. I need to try some different genres maybe? Heavy metal isn't working :-)

Guest TrishE

Pick songs that pump you up and put em towards the end of a run list. That always helped me. Slower songs for warm up and cool down, two or three pump up songs to get me going, good steady beats for most of the middle run and three or four more pump up songs for the end. Never fails:)

I managed to slow down yesterday due to smarter song choices, and it surprised me how much easier it was lol. Not that it was easy, but easier than I expected because I had a little trepidation about week 3. I think if I'm smart about it, I've got this!