Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashlee

non-runner prepping for 5k

Guest Ashlee

Doing this for weight loss and a 5k coming in December (want to be ahead of the game)...found the app after starting day one of a different training and I love the app! So I am on day 3 (semi productive runs...training with 2 kids under 4 and a dog....yeah...no choice) anything I can do about the shin splints?

Woohoo. Great job Ashlee. You got this. There is an article I psited about shin splints and this website has one under blogs I think about shin splints. Get great shoes is the number one thing for your shin splints. Good luck.

Guest Julie

I'm in the same boat, kids on board in a stroller ( great upper body workout too) but hope to do some runs on my own. GL I'm very new to this challenge, I just lost 20 kilo through power walking and good eating. I can run! Woooohoooo I have not run for years

I have been running off and on for fitness for some time mow and want to get ready for my first 5k Jan 18th. Do you think I will make it? Started today on week 2 day 1 and that was easy. Should I stay on week 2 or skip again. I also Spin and lift weights so my endurance and breathing are pretty good.