Sign in to follow this  
tamap19

Week 5 day 3 fail

It is really cold outside and we have a fairly  strong wind in East Tennessee today, maybe that's why I couldn't transition from 8 minute run blocks to 20 minutes without a walk break. SO should I repeat all of week 5, or repeat the day I failed, or how do I move on? I did the entire exercise plus almost 8 additional minutes, but only jogged 11 mins twice with a couple of walk breaks in between, so I am obviously not ready for this big of an increase in running time. I don't want to get discouraged.  Thanks. 

The app is not wrong, I agree that it almost sounds impossible but trust the app and trust the training that you've done when you get there, and it is a case of mind over matter. There are a number of threads on this forum discussing how challenging it seemed(myself included) but you will be surprised once you get there and get past it. :)

I am going to try again today, but if I feel I can't do it I will take a 2 minute walk 10 or 11 minutes in. I really love this app. I know we all have different paces, I am just a tad dissapointed I couldn't do it. I also think the colder weather limited my air intake, We had a bad windchill factor that day, (Our winter has thus far been warmer than normal so this was a sudden change for me, I hadn't ran in this kind of temp yet) so I HOPE today will be the hurdle I cross. Thanks all. Love the forums too