Guest alexandra

Cutting carbs after 3pm

Guest alexandra

Hi, looking to lose weight for summer!! Starting now with running, but also I’ve started watching what I eat mainly cutting carbs after 3pm, I’ve heard this helps a great deal I’m not one to overly snack on sugar or junk but I LOVE my carbs with my dinner, will this help? has anyone had experience? I don’t plan on weighing my food and tracking it overly because I feel it could become quiet obsessive in my case...thanks in advance!

I understand that it does help. It sounds like intermittent fasting, where you go for a greater portion of the day without food than you normally would. For example if you don't eat between 3 p.m. and 7 a.m., that would be intermittent fasting and a lot of people swear that it works.

I've done intermittent fasting where I don't have breakfast until noon or later and stop eating about 7 or 8 p.m. I haven't done it much lately, but it seemed to be about the only thing that helped me lose weight. I need to get back to it.

What you're doing seems to be similar, except you are choosing a different part of the day to go without food.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.