Sign in to follow this  
admin

The Difference Between Running On A Treadmill And Running On Pavement

Guest Melanie

I'm on week 3. It doesn't actually run you for 5km at this stage. It's probably closer to 2.5 km. that would explain why your app is being done twice over to match the 5k shown on your treadmill

Guest Melanie

I'm on week 3. It doesn't actually run you for 5km at this stage. It's probably closer to 2.5 km. that would explain why your app is being done twice over to match the 5k shown on your treadmill

Guest Janilew

I completed the half marathon training program on a treadmill. I also ran outside sometimes. I actually run faster on a treadmill and can maintain my run and walk speeds consistently. It is harder to run outside. I am starting the marathon trainer and will do mostly on the treadmill.  I do this for fitness and enjoyment. I love to close my eyes on the treadmill and run to music. If I decide to enter a race I will have to train outside as well.  My daughter knows an ultra marathoner who prepared for a 100 miler on a treadmill...wow, I guess it can be done.

Guest Bobbie

I am just starting the program and am using a treadmill.  What would the suggestion be for speed for walking and for jogging?

Guest Joe

Hey team, the treadmill and the app won’t sync up. You have to increase your speed as the weeks progress if you want to complete 5k in the allotted time. I’m finishing week 7 and am pleased that I’m running 20-30 min strait but I’m not at 5k yet. Time and distance are two different things. Good luck to everyone!

Guest Elise

Take this article with a grain of salt. I’ve read the opposite where the treadmill is actually a better workout than running outdoors. This is because it keeps your speed consistent, even when you get tired and want to slow down. While running outside you automatically slow your pace a bit as you get tired. Plus you may experience a lot of pauses in your workout as you wait to cross the street or maneuver around obstacles. 

Guest Mariahp

I’m now a sophomore in high school and I’m trying cross country this year. I’ve done track the last three years and I’ve found it really depends on the person. I for one hate running on the treadmill only because I’ve had a lot of issues with my knees. The constant pounding on the hard surface really hurts. I prefer running on grass or even city streets. The treadmill just isn’t for me. That being said, I know people who use treadmills consistently and have no trouble. Find what works for you and stick with it

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this