Sunshineflower95

Coming up on Week 8, a little discouraged

I'm working through week 7, and on one hand I'm incredibly excited as I've never run 25 minutes at a time - a huge accomplishment for me! On the other hand, I'm so, so, SO slow... I just recently took to using the treadmill now and then and the fastest I can go and keep up for the whole 25 minutes is 4.5. Advice?

Congratulations on making it all the way!! Sounds like you're doing really well! I'm definitely slower than you, I think it takes me a whole 40 minutes to do 5kms(I haven't measured accurately). However, I'm just incredibly excited by the fact that I'm able to run 30 whole minutes without stopping ◡̈

Don't worry about your speed for you, you're building up endurance, and after week 8 you can work on your speed.

Sunshine, I completed week 7 with the same speed 4.5. I started raise my pace slowly by 0.2 on week 8. Week 8, day 3 - my speed is 5.1.

But you have to do it in your terms: set the goal, reach it and ... repeat :rolleyes: