Sign in to follow this  
WandaV

Finished!!!!!

Completed week 8 day 3 today! 

But am I really finished running? Not by a long shot!  I'll be signing up for the Turkey Trot and run my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning. And now I want to see how fast and how long I can run. This is kind of addictive!  :)

(thank y'all for the support!)

Today I did w9d1.  Went to a different track. With Mountains. Urrrr..... Hills.... Ok. They are definitely inclines. LOL!  Between the cold air and the inclines, I felt the new challenge. I only ran 2 miles in the 30 minutes. I've decided to be proud of that and to see it as a new chance to test myself and get stronger/faster.  I'll continue to train there until my first fast-approaching 5K.

Wanda, that's PERFECT. The Couch to 5K program is actually not the best named. It's really a teach you 30 minutes of endurance program but that was a much less catchy name. Once you've established that running base, shoring up the numbers really isn't all that hard. Over the next couple of weeks you'll find yourself naturally running that a little bit quicker, and by adding on a few minutes every week, you'll be to 5k in no time. All because you've crossed the magic threshold of running half an hour.... YOU WIN!