Wendell

Turkey Trot

running in leggings a t shirt a baseball cap and an old windsuit jacket with the jacket im too hot without im to cold tried a long sleeved shirt i hate long sleeves and never really wear them this just didnt work for me we have been windy and in upper 40s to upper 50s

W5D3, done! I NEVER thought I'd be able to run for 20 minutes straight, but when it was over, I'm sure u could have run even farther. The only thing I didn't like about it was I did it on the treadmill, thanks to the 5" of snow we got yesterday. This program really works!

I survived! It was pretty wonderful. Hard, but wonderful lol. I had to walk for a minute at about 2.2 miles, and for thirty seconds just under 3. I have work to do, but happy I did it. My time was 33:32.3, which I had a quiet secret goal of 33 minutes. I'll take it.

It was incredible! It was also reeeeally hard not to take off like a shot and blow my pace out of the water. I found a guy about 1/2 mile in who ran at my pace and kind of just stuck to him. Until I had to walk anyway lol.

Shooting out off the starting line from adrenaline is always a mistake. You chose wisely! Most folks shoot out like a bullet and run their fastest mile, then they have a difficult second mile and do the "dying man's shuffle" in the final mile. BAD.

Smart racers negative split races. That means you start out at an easy comfortable pace and each mile you pick up your pace. On the final mile, you are warmed up, in your groove and running your fastest mile. You pass all the people doing the dying mans shuffle and it boosts your spirit and energy even more. This is the best way to use your energy for racing and maximises performance. It also feels awesome. I try and negative split every run other than my really long ones. On those I'm just trying to maintian my pace and finish the distance. Once I lock that distance in I can focus on speeding up.