Sign in to follow this  
ChicagoGirl

Turning 50 and a new leaf!

I have run in the past, however, after several medical issues I needed to take care of my health.  Now I would like to do a 5K.  I am turning 50 in January and I have signed up for a 5K in March.

Excited, nervous, and looking for others in the same boat!  Lets sink or swim together!!

Never too late! I'm 44, and always hated running. Now I think about it constantly and am at the end of week 3. I'm from Valpo, so I feel like we'll be indoors soon, which I hate because I really love running outside. Good luck and keep us posted!

It is daunting at first when getting started back up. The app ratchets it up a way that is "just" right. I'm on the 10K app and noticed my pace and endurance have improved significantly. I started watching my diet which has helped out, too.

Good Luck,

Rob

Welcome, ChicagoGirl! I have no doubt if you train consistently with the app and listen to your body (adjust your posture/stride if you feel any pain, slow down to be able to talk while running) that you'll be ready for that 5K. You go, girl!