Netty1202

craving to run

I agree with @Anne lang. What if you don't Run the whole thing @Wendell. Does it matter? You would probably find you would run longer in a race than on your own. Your still doing a lot better than 90% of the population that's not doing it or anything at all. Go for it

@Azatol, thank you. I tend to overdo things a bit, and being smart is more important than being impatient. You answered my question I posed in another thread.

Netty, keep it up!!! Music really helps me too.

My pleasure Wendell. Glad I can help.

For what it's worth, I now run up to 20 miles a week and have upped my running to 4 days. I run Wednesday and Thursdays but my Wednesday runs are always shorter easy runs and I'm to the point where those short runs(3-4 miles for me now) don't do much for muscle growth anymore. I still want to run every day and I have to force myself to take those 3 days off. It's a passionate addictive hobby/sport :)

This is going to sound so silly but from hating exercise I've gone to thinking running its a bit like making love, it leaves you in a happy place, I'm hooked up! I'm loving it!

Not silly at all. I always say that I don't like running. I love the feeling of having just run. Running is just how I chase that feeling( I do actually enjoy the run more often than not).

That's definitely the way to express it! You stole those words from muy sub-conscience! As I don't love every minute of it when I have to reasure myself I can do it and mustn't give up.. But it's worth it, the feeling you get when you finish... It's definetly the opposite feeling of the one you get when eating your favourite naughty food.. You enjoy it while eating but feel rubbish afterwards, running feels the other way around! If anybody is contemplating running and reading this: it really is worth a try, if I had a penny for every time I though, said and heard people say that they aren't made for running.. Everyone is, you just have to take it slowly and listen to your body! You will become an addict!

That's definitely the way to express it! You stole those words from muy sub-conscience! As I don't love every minute of it when I have to reasure myself I can do it and mustn't give up.. But it's worth it, the feeling you get when you finish... It's definetly the opposite feeling of the one you get when eating your favourite naughty food.. You enjoy it while eating but feel rubbish afterwards, running feels the other way around! If anybody is contemplating running and reading this: it really is worth a try, if I had a penny for every time I though, said and heard people say that they aren't made for running.. Everyone is, you just have to take it slowly and listen to your body! You will become an addict!