sacred

Completed Day 1 Week 1 Despite Weak Ankles!

I've completed day 1 of week 1 despite my SUPER weak ankles. Literally as soon as I Starr running, my ankles start screaming, especially the left one. I'm hoping that this really is just a strength issue. My exercise regimen has been nonexistent for more than a year now, aside from a brief attempt at doing a 30 days of yoga challenge in January.

So because of my week ankles, I never did a full 60 second run during any of the 8 rounds. I ran as much as I could (34 seconds or less when I looked at my phone once) and walked until it told me to run again.

But I completed the 8 rounds! That's a LOT better than my first attempt about 2 months ago when I had to quit after 3 rounds because I pushed my ankles too far instead of giving them a break when they asked for it.

when i started i had shin splints it was unconfortable still sticked to the plan, guess what today i ran for 20mins i'm on my 5th week. i still cant believe i ran for 20 mins its just the first fews weeks then your body will respond in a better way. just keep going you will be amazed by your own inner strength 

I hope you have really good shoes!! Something that is cushioning and the proper base for your own specific pronation. It makes a HUGE difference, especially if you have ankle, knee, or hip issues. Go to a running store and get fitted; its cheaper than paying the consequences later. $100 shoes are way cheaper than any dr appt and will provide you with a good foundation for success.