"Do you get enough protein?" Is sort of the quintessential annoying question vegetarians get... But since starting this new program (mean week 4 day 2) this morning) I want to make sure I'm getting enough.

I always have a boiled egg with my post run oatmeal. Then I eat other types of proteins for lunch & dinner.

If anyone has any meal plans or suggestions I'd be grateful.

Thank you!!!

Hi. I'm vegetarian. 'Have been for over 30 years. I am on week 4, day 1. I try to be sure to incorporate plenty of nuts in my diet, mostly almonds and walnuts. I have to try not to over do though so I don't get too much fat and calories. If you do dairy, Greek yogurt is a good source of protein. Nonfat or lowfat milk hydrates while providing protein as well. Best of luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am vegan, and when I made the switch I was a bit nervous about protein too so I downloaded this app called cronometer, it's $3 which sucks but you input the food you've eaten and it tells you how much of your daily nutrition you've eaten, including vitamins, and healthy fats. It makes it much easier to see what you're getting and to see what you need!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been a vegetarian my whole life, AND have a nut allergy, so I've had to get creative with protein. I mix EAS Lean Protein (chocolate flavor) with skim milk, and have it every day for breakfast (available on Amazon). Morningstar also makes really yummy veggie patties that have a good amount of protein. I also make a lot of egg dishes, and throw different ingredients in every now and then to mix it up - goat cheese and bell peppers are my fave.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vegan. Vegetarian for 20 years or so (never liked meat).

Not worried at all about protein. I eats lots of plants every day so it must be working.

Occasionally I have tofu scramble or beans but not daily.

Sometimes it just takes tweaking to find what works optimally for you.

New beginnings - I've heard that optimal breathing can help with losing weight - may be something to do with the effect on metabolism. May depend also on how fast you're walking. Fitness walking (7.2km an hour plus) raises your heart rate to help with weight loss ( though of course this depends on your fitness - cardio improves with fitness so the optimal breathing should come with it).

• 4 weeks later...