Sign in to follow this  
Mlm1526

Hi!

I'm Michelle, a 34 year old wife and mother of 2.  I am about to hit the daunting day 3 of week 5!!!! I don't know how I am going to make the jump to running for 20 mins straight! Does anyone have any suggestions for me? What is a good energy boost before running? I just feel I get so exhausted towards the end of my running, don't know if I can keep it up for 20 mins.

Just do your best Michelle, try concentrating on breathing through your nose and picture the air filling right to the bottom of your lungs. That always helps me.

Find a steady pace and try your best to keep to it. Keep record of how many stops you made and then better it in the next few days. Good luck x

Just do your best Michelle, try concentrating on breathing through your nose and picture the air filling right to the bottom of your lungs. That always helps me.

Find a steady pace and try your best to keep to it. Keep record of how many stops you made and then better it in the next few days. Good luck x

Obviously, be safe. But try to push through. I just finishished the C25K program last week and if I learned anything, it's that your body can do so much more than your mind thinks it can. A lot of times you can keep going, even when you feel exhausted. Finishing that full 20 minutes felt just about as good as crossing the finish line in my first 5K this past weekend, as it seemed like such a huge obstacle to overcome. But you can do it!