concretefingers

Fat middle aged Brit with a Gammy leg and his journey through C25k

Hello everybody my name is Peter I started C25k five weeks ago after going for health checkup and being told my blood pressure was high and I was 6 1/2 stone overweight.

My gammy leg is from cerebral palsy with makes me uncoordinated and weaker on my right side. I avoided sports at school I was hopeless at everything and got teased relentlessly so just avoided it.

I'm 47 1/2 years old. My blood pressure was 170/120

Week one, sixty seconds of running? Day 1 couldn't do it. Day two and day 3 could just do it with occasional few seconds of walking.

Week two, 90 seconds of running. Yes I could.

Week three, 3 whole minutes of running no way I will be able to do that. Well yes I could if I ran very very slowly. I'm thinking if I'm moving I'm improving.

Week four, day one today. No way no way no way will I manage 5 mins of running with only short breaks. I put it off for a couple of hours and went out feeling I was about to fail... Well I did it very very very slowly but I definitely kept moving and didn't walk any of the runs.so I'm pleased. Looking forward to the rest of the runs this week.

I'm posting here to keep a diary for myself and also to encourage others. If I can , you can.

Guest TrishE

Congrats on your progress! Thank you for posted your journey so far and I hope its an inspiration to others to keep at it like you have. 

Week five day three complete! Sort of....

Well today was supposed to be a rest day but the combination of yesterdays 12 min run and knowing that tomorrow I was not going to be able to run made me decide to try the big twenty minute run today.

Warmed up set of . 8 mins 40 seconds into the run and I HAD to walk for 20 seconds (I timed it). Then I started running again. With a bit of deep breathing I ran the rest and 3.5 mins of the warm down. So would you count that as a completed week and move on or rerun W5D3? I feel elated and depressed at the same time.

no way would i run with an upset tummy tworunning days in a row i wont do either i need my rest day to heal and get stronger. welcome back glad you lost weight. You are an inspiration to keep trying so if you can do it so can we and if we can do it so can u one day at a time one moment at a time just enjoy