All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. mosy

Run maps

Hi just started using the app. I upgraded to pro so that it could track my calories and distances. When I finished my run tonight, the map of my run flashed on the screen for a minute and then it was gone. How do I go back to see the run map?
  3. mosy

Run map

Hi just started using the app. I upgraded to pro so that it could track my calories and distances. When I finished my run tonight, the map of my run flashed on the screen for a minute and then it was gone. How do I go back to see the run map?
  4. CleBkPkr

New user with a few questions and comments needs help

Don’t be flustered! This is a journey my friend and it will take some time. I wish I could help with all your app intergrations but I don’t use them. I have a fitbit HR and I use myfitnesspal for all my food. Hopefully someone here can help you out! Lots of great folks posting on this forum. Best of luck to you and hang in there!
  5. I finally got active and started C25K. Perhaps I was too quick to jump in and made some bad decisions but here is where I am at now. I just finished W1D2 and I'm still trying to get things set up so all of my stats are tracked and convenient. I am using: C25K App Google Fit My Fitness Pal Polar Beat (with H7 strap) Samsung Health Samsung Watch I am only using Google Fit because the C25K app asked and I figured I could disconnect it later if I didn't want to. But apparently, it isn't linked anyway and Google Fit shows no data. I've read some posts with people asking about the data not showing up in GF, but they got no solution responses. Not a deal-breaker for me, but it is annoying. I am definitely going to keep using MyFitnessPal because it integrates with my health program at work for insurance discounts. My MFP app is connected to Samsung Health and getting my step count but trying to connect from MFP to C25K just launches the app and nothing else. Trying to connect to MFP from C25K by clicking Share brings up MFP, opens a web browser view and asks me if I want to import a recipe. Nope. I tried connecting the two via the websites on a PC but MFP connect button goes to exerciseforpink.com and redirects to zenlabsfitness, and nothing makes sense after that. I think the redirect just drops whatever data was needed... or the whole thing is just broken. I read a help post about getting C25K to talk to MFP through the MapMyRun app. That didn't work. Uninstalled MapMyRun immediately. Seems like a bad idea to keep connecting more apps anyhow, so no loss there... unless it can work. I am using the Polar Beat app with an H7 strap because my health program will not accept heart rate data from Samsung Health. I guess this isn't really a problem or question. Just including this detail in case anyone knows of problems it can cause when using C25K. Then, I tried C25K Pro app to see if that app more up-to-date and would connect (since it's paid for). Nope. Same exact interface as the free version plus there is no way export/import between the paid/free versions. From what I saw online, this is true. So I uninstalled and got a refund. Perhaps I'm being a bit too precious, but I don't want to start c25k over or have an incomplete log. Also, after a workout is complete and you've closed the app you can't go back and share the workout data ever again? Or can you even opt to share it immediately when you're done. Reading things online leads me to believe you can. I guess I'll find out Friday if nobody knows. Then I saw a blog post that there is a C25K watch app for Samsung. I couldn't find it in the Galaxy App store. Not on my phone, not on my PC. Maybe it isn't compatible with the newest watches or isn't there anymore. Does anyone know? I almost hope it isn't because things are already overly-complicated. Also, I tried the C25K Zenlabs music subscription for the free trial. I ended up cancelling immediately because no matter what channel I chose, every song is choppy. Is that on purpose, like a metronome? If so, no thanks. If it's not supposed to happen, I don't know what the deal is. I can listen to other music apps while running without problems so I'm fine with using my own Google Play playlists. But I am curious about the built-in music. Is it helpful? I mean beyond a greater percent chance of sticking with it. I side with the idea that people who are committed to succeed are willing to spend money for convenience over believing people buy into success with money. So, this is a big wall of text. If you made it here, thanks for your time. While I've probably guaranteed to eliminate any chance of someone relating to my experience and problems entirely, I would appreciate any insights into any of the issues I've got. Thanks. I haven't lurked enough to know if I'm flat-out annoying here. I'm just a bit flustered.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Silver Pie

Shorts that don’t ride up

Several reviewers said this doesn't ride up. Hanes Women's Bike Shorts I would read a bunch of the reviews (both good, medium, and bad) to make sure they are something I would want, but from what I've read, these are good for the price.
  8. Silver Pie

Training for April 5k

Thank you, CleBKPkr. I said "rest" instead of "walk" in my schedule, above. I'm going to edit it.
  9. CleBkPkr

You can always get a pair of biking shorts. They are a little longer and if you get the ones with spandex in them, they fit nice and snug and won't ride up.
  10. CleBkPkr

5K July 13

I am so buying these!
  11. CleBkPkr

Training for April 5k

Best of luck in your running endeavors! Remember.... "If you're not moving, you're standing still"
  12. Silver Pie

5K July 13

This one made me laugh. I won't quit, but I'll swear the whole time I expected it to say the same thing as the shirts.
  13. Silver Pie

Week 3 Day 3

That really is the best way to do it I think.
  14. Silver Pie

The only luck I've had with shorts that don't ride up are longer shorts. I'm talking just above or below the knee.
  15. Silver Pie

Music

No watch. I just use my phone.
  16. Silver Pie

5k by September

Repeating weeks seems to be the best way to do this. Best of luck to both of you.
  17. Silver Pie

5K July 13

Thanks. I'll look it up when I get on my computer.
  18. Silver Pie

Training for April 5k

Being able to run 10 minutes at a shot would still give a person decent 5K pace.
  19. Silver Pie

Training for April 5k

The schedule I would choose would be more like this: Week 1 - Run 30 seconds walk 1 and 1/2 minutes Week 2 - Run 1 minute walk 1 and 1/2 minutes Week 3 - Run 1 and 1/2 minutes walk 2 minutes Week 4 - Run 2 minutes walk 2 and 1/2 minutes Week 5 - Run 2 and 1/2 minutes walk 3 minutes Week 6 - Run 3 minutes walk 3 minutes Week 7- Run 3 and 1/2 minutes walk 3 minutes Week 8 - Run 4 minutes walk 3 minutes Week 9 - Run 4 and 1/2 minutes walk 3 minutes Week 10 - Run 5 minutes walk 3 minutes Week 11 - run 6 minutes walk 3 minutes Week 12- Run 7 Minutes walk for 3 minutes Week 13 - Run 8 minutes walk 3 or 4 minutes Week 14 - Run 9 Minutes walk 3 or 4 minutes Week 15 - Run 10 minutes walk 3 or 4 minutes I would try that and see if it worked, and if it did I would continue in that manner, adding only one minute per week, unless by the time I got to 10 minutes, I could add two or three minutes a week.
  20. Silver Pie

Training for April 5k

If I was going to make a c25k program, I would make it more realistic. I think the person who created the program has no idea what it's like to have never run. Nor do they have a clue about how difficult it is to run if a person is very much overweight. I mean, if a person is running with a 50 lb pack on their back, or 100 or 200, they might have a clue. People who are very much overweight are actually getting a whole lot more of a workout than someone who appears to be in shape, and I really admire overweight people who stick with the program, because it is not easy at all. You don't get enough credit for how hard you work and for what you do every time you do some kind of exercise program. You should be treated with admiration and love and I don't think that happens often enough.
  21. Silver Pie

Training for April 5k

I think I've been doing this program for over 12 weeks. It's kind of difficult to know for sure, because I restarted week 1 a couple of times. And I don't think I joined the forum until I had run for a week, but I'm not sure. It looks like 12 weeks since I joined the forum though. Anyway, here's my review of the c25k program. Not this app, because it is simply following the program. It seems to me that it goes far too fast for someone who is inactive, as far as running goes. I've been working out with weights for 2 years. Now, when I started the weights I was really weak, but now I'm stronger than most women my age. So I wasn't exactly totally inactive when I started the c25k program. At this point the c25k program and I are parting ways. I don't regret using the c25k app, and I don't regret paying for it. It really has helped me. It has helped me not give up during those first few days and weeks, and I've met some people on here who really encouraged me. For that reason, I'm really glad that I had it.
  22. Silver Pie

Training for April 5k

Thank you for letting us know ninjajedi. It really is painful to start something and not finish it. Best of luck with your new program. <3
  23. Ninjajedi

Music

No apple watch, I have a garmin
  24. GinaH

5k by September

Jacquie, I’m in a similar situation. We can do this!
  25. Last week
  26. Jacquie

5k by September

I thought weekly changes might be too much. I was (still am) quite overweight, over 50 and have never run seriously at all. I decided to try this (inspired by friends) but thought a week repeated for a month could work without being too intimidating. If I can achieve 5k by September I’ll be so pleased.
  27. Jacquie

Week 3 Day 3

I’m doing a week a month and I’m so pleased with my progress so I reckon just repeat til you’re ready to move on
  28. Jacquie

Week 3 Day 3

Exactly as I found! Week 4 is do-able
  1. Load more activity